Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ever felt like me?

Ten thousand heavy metal machines rotating at a million revolutions per second. Crashing into each in a billionth of a second and breaking into smithereens. Huge chunks flying off at odd angles, twisting and spinning as they go against the heavy polluted air, dragging their rough edges against it.
The noise is so loud that I can’t see! It has shut off everything. It’s happening so fast; it’s happening right now--now which you can’t really think about because it’s already over. Time has its hair pulled till its strings start disintegrating. The structure, the sense, the meaning of everything has begun collapsing. It is not an end, it is not a beginning. It is never. The second has taken its claim over the minute, hour and year. The present has come to dominate. The time’s up.

I can't sleep when I feel this way. There is a mental image of all this which is same and extemeley heavy. I can feel its weight on my nerves.

No comments: